Lower Carb Snickers Shake
When you think of a snickers shake, you probably imagine having to use your whole day's worth of macros. Most chocolate-bar-inspired shakes include tons of sugar, but with some small tweaks, you can enjoy a healthier (and dare we say, tastier), snickers shake that spares you some carbs (and adds some protein!).
Using a full serve of the unbeatable Ultimate Plant Protein by b Raw (Vanilla), you'll look forward to this rich, creamy and macro-friendly snickers shake on the daily. To keep it low sugar, we've left out banana, and recommend unsweetened almond milk. Make sure to choose natural peanut butter that contains no added sugars or nasties. If you really want to bring the cals down, opt for a powdered peanut butter - one serve is usually two tablespoons of powder with 1 tablespoon of water or dairy-free milk.
If you need to mix it up with your protein shakes, give this one a whirl and let us know what kind of recipes you'd love to see next!
- 2 scoops Ultimate Plant Protein by b Raw (Vanilla)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter (or you can use 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter)
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vegan melted dark chocolate or sugar-free vegan chocolate sauce
- 1/2-3/4 cup ice
- Toppings: crushed peanuts (or nuts of choice) + cacao nibs or sugar-free vegan chocolate chips
- Optional: add some whipped coconut cream on top!
1. In your chosen glass, drizzle the melted chocolate with a teaspoon. Tilt the glass while rotating so that the chocolate goes all the way around.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
3. Pour into your glass and add the toppings
4. Enjoy straight away!